Saturday 3 September 2011

Audience Profile.

Name: Steph Jarram

Age: 17

Occupation: Student / Sales Assistant

Background: I am currently in year 13 at college and I am studying media, ICT and psychology. After my final year at college I plan to move to Chicago for a while before coming back to start University. I have a huge passion for music, inparticularly pop, rock and indie. I am also interested in art and fashion and enjoy keeping up to date with the latest news and gossip. I like to keep busy and try new things. My two current hobbies are mountain biking and playing the drums. I have been playing the drums for roughly 6 years and I enjoy drumming to current songs as they all have different beats and tempos. I like to involve myself with media habits such as buying magazines and having a facebook and twitter account.  In my spare time I go out with my friends and I also have a part time job which I fit in after college. I am a sales assistant at Dorothy Perkins where I have been working for the last 9 months. I like to explore and listen to new artists who are quite unique. Some examples of bands that I like at the minute include Jessie J, Pixie Lott, The Vaccines, Two Door Cinema Club, Rizzle Kicks, Muse, The Drums, Ed Sheeran, Beyonce, Foster The People, The Wombats and many more.

Ambitions: In the future I aim to get a job in either ICT or media. I enjoy both subjects and I will be going to University to study one of them. I will also stay at my part time job and work up the levels to see how high I can get. Art and fashion also interests me as I have taken them as subjects previously so if I get any opportunities involving them I may decide to choose a career in them too.

Musical preferences: Pop, Rock, Indie, Alternative.
______________________________________________________________________

After producing this audience profile we have identified what our target audience are looking for. This is just one example of a person that fits into our target audience but as a whole our band will appeal to both male and females aged between 16 and 30 who enjoy indie and alternative music.

No comments:

Post a Comment